Saturday, April 11, 2009

time for a real blog!

I'm in a really good mood today. Maybe it's because I'm listening to Ben Lee. Or maybe it's because Battle of the Bands was a success last night? :]

We made over $1,700 last night for our charity and hopefully gave heartbreak hero some new fans. They are fantastic.

Last night there were three things I said numerous times.
1. It's really cool to see 20 people wearing shirts that I made.
It's not like I worked hard to make them, but it was fun to see.

2. I can't stop staring at the drummer in each band.
It's my favorite part. I have a lot of respect for drummers and find them the most interesting.

3. Hi!!!
Colin and I worked in the ticket booth office and sold tickets/did money. It was bomb seeing everyone come in and that room is fun. haha :] Everytime someone came to the window my automatically upbeat/friendly self said a high-pitched/excited "Hi!!" and it was funny.

We sat with Laurel and her too-old-looking/adorable-to-be-in-8th-grade-brother, Christian. Then Jarred and Kelsey Olson joined us. We all went into the ~mosh pit~ thing. I shoved Colin into strangers. Laurel shoved me really hard into this guy in front of me, who I apologized profusely to. Christian and I shoved Laurel into some bitchy girls. Kelsey and I imitiated this white krumping girl from phs with a star belt and yelled a "WHAT WHAT!" when it got really quiet down there. hahah TD and Caleb Allison MCed, they were good enough for dealing with rude kids and talking. It's not like I could have done that. haha

Oh, before the event started, (at like 3) Julie, Colin, this other girl, Faith and I started setting up. We made red arrows because apparently it's hard to find the P.A.C. We taped them up really classy and I made my "mark" on the P.A.C. wall. :]

gov
quiz, reading, current events. my current event is now the in-depth for commoner. hahaha :D

english
senior boards presentations. i still am dead-set on doing the interview.

spanish
test, i feel good about it.

social studies
worksheet, surprise! eric was very very hyper and i loved it. natalie learned about the word "awk" too. hahah

independent study
locey left to go to the bathroom for the whole period. she ended up going to safeway and getting candy for easter/our boxes. she's going insane.

commoner
headline writing with our groups. YA waste of time. then stories, signing up for stories.

after school
since my grade in english was an F, i wasn't going to let locey or iverson see that on my planned absence, so i talked to leonardy after school. i turned in a missing worksheet that i found in my bag. and then did two of the SSRs i missed (I read the average american male for an hour, yaaa) and it took my grade from the F to a B. YAAAAAA. :] haha So, now I'm going to nationals. I just have to get my gov grade (~B- or C+) and 5th/6th period by Locey. haha We don't get grades in 5th period, just credits, so i don't know how that is working. elohel


Sidenote: I woke up at 2 p.m. last night. HOW? No clue.